Young people are often great with creative ideas when it comes creating projects, however they lack the basic experience and funds to turn their ideas in to reality. The costs of setting up community / youth initiatives can sometimes run in to £100’s making it unaffordable for cash strapped young people who are adamant to make a world of different through their ideas. This project provides support from the grass-roots level, from start to finish.
Each year funders will collectively put forward up to £15,000 which could be spent on youth and community initiatives bought forward by young people. The Youth Cashpoint offers young people up to £300 on Level 1 Funding & up to £1,500 on Level 2 Funding. Young people must go through Level 1 before applying for Level 2.
Funding applicants must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Applicants must be between 12 – 25 years old to apply
- New applicants can start by applying for £300 through the Level 1 funding application, if successful, after the duration of their project they can move on to Level 2.
- Project must last between 9 – 12 months
The funding is provided to help young people create a positive change in their local area, by encouraging them to actively participate in community related activities benefiting those around them.
- Provide a unique platform for young people to contribute and make a positive change in their local area and raise awareness of community related issues.
- Reduce anti-social behaviour by changing the mentality of the youth using the Back2Basics concept & Reducing Gang Culture (outlined in foundational documentation of Be Inspiring) implemented within the Youth Revolution
- Equip young people with skills such as confidence, high levels of self-esteem, creativity, teamwork, leadership as well as others.
- Create a trend of active community workers to contribute to a better and fairer society in the future, allowing young people to make better use of their time and become more proactive.
- Actively promote a multi-cultural, tolerant and understanding society as well as build bridges with hard-to-reach communities providing them with a step up to integrate with mainstream society at grass-roots level.
Format of Delivery
An interested young person will fill out a basic application form to introduce themselves and their ideas to us so we can understand exactly what the young people wants to achieve and whom they want to aim at. Following the receipt of the application they will be contacted by someone from our team to discuss their idea further and discuss as well as create a plan of implementation.
If our team is satisfied that the idea is valid and deliverable, we will take this forward to the funding board. The funding board consists of different funders whom actively promote youth entrepreneurship, such as Rolls Royce, Toyota, Recket Benister & Lubrizol. These funders have strict criteria which must be met before the funding is provided. If an applicant is successful, the funding board will put the money in to our account to manage the funds and overlook the project. We are responsible to ensure that the money is being spent correctly and the project is having an effect as described.
Our team will actively provide support to each successful young person every step of the way, from providing office space for the young person to do their work, all the way to giving them full access to our administration teams as well as our designers to create and market their posters. Young people will also be able to advertise a unique contact number for their project as well as use of a postal address for their mail.
We are now also working with O2 Think Big to ensure we can fund many more projects in 2016 – 2017 than ever before.
There is no fixed timing for this project; all support sessions will be one to one, which will need to be booked in advance. The office space also needs to be booked. Support helpline will be available during office hours. We may book some individuals for external training as well as internal workshops.
The following skills are taught through this project:
Analysis & Investigation
Drive & Consistency
Negotiating & Persuading